The Ministry of Commerce released on September 19, 2020 the Provisions on the Unreliable Entity List, with immediate effect.
According to the regulation, the work mechanism can decide to take one or multiple measures against foreign entities on the reliable entity list, and make a public announcement:
- Restrict or ban its China-related import & export activities.
- Restrict or ban its investment in the Chinese territory.
- Restrict or ban the entry into China of its staff or transport facilities.
- Restrict or revoke its staff's work permit, stay or residential qualifications in the Chinese territory.
- Impose penalties according to the severity of its unlawful activities.
- Other necessary measures.