Source: IBFD Tax Research Platform News
Effective 5 August 2020, China allows the reduction of import duties and VAT or consumption tax on imports of 20 listed commodities that were previously prohibited in the Notice of State Council  No. 64.
The 20 commodities concerned include:
- video cameras;
- video recorders;
- video players;
- audio equipment;
- air-conditioning equipment;
- refrigerators and freezers;
- washing machines;
- photocopy machines;
- stored program control telephone switching systems;
- microcomputers and peripherals;
- wireless paging systems;
- fax machines;
- electronic calculators;
- typewriters and text processors;
- lamps/lighting instruments; and
- food materials (condiments, meat, eggs and vegetables, seafood, fruit, soft drinks, alcohol drinks and dairy products).
The repeal of the prohibition was announced in Circular  No. 36, jointly issued by the Ministry of Finance, General Customs and the State Taxation Administration.
Report from Shiqi Ma, IBFD China office