To implement the relevant requirements set out in the Overall Scheme for Deepening the Comprehensive Cooperation among Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao Facing the World in Nansha, Guangzhou (hereinafter referred to as the Overall Scheme), the preferential individual income tax policies for Nansha, Guangzhou are hereby notified as follows:
- For a Hong Kong resident working in Nansha, Guangzhou, the portion of his/her individual income tax burden exceeding that in Hong Kong is exempted from taxation. For a Macao resident working in Nansha, Guangzhou, the portion of his/her individual income tax burden exceeding that in Macao is exempted from taxation.
- The income entitled to the provisions of Article I hereof includes comprehensive income (including wages and salaries, remuneration for labor services, author's remuneration and royalties) sourced from Nansha, Guangzhou, business income and talent subsidy income recognized by the local government.
- Taxpayers may enjoy the aforesaid preferential policies at the time when they go through the formalities for annual final settlement of individual income tax in Nansha, Guangzhou.
- The implementation scope of this Notice covers the entire area of Nansha District, Guangzhou, as planned in the Overall Scheme.
- This Notice remains effective during the period from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2026.